Formed under the management of WM Entertainment, B1A4 is a South Korean K-Pop idol boy group who were first introduced to the public through a webtoon. The five boys, Jin-young, CNU, Sandeul, Baro, and Gongchan, released their debut EP, “Let’s Fly” in April 2011. Two days after “Let’s Fly” was released, they made their debut performance on an episode of Show! Music Core. Subsequent debut stages on M! Countdown, KBS’ Music Bank, and SBS’ The Music Trend followed closely after.
A few months after, B1A4 released their second EP, “It B1A4”. And a month after that, it was announced that the boys would debut in Japan under the record label Pony Crayon in January 2012. Prior to their Japanese debut, B1A4 held their first ever showcase, “B1A4 – Japan Showcase Live 2011” at the Sinagawa Stellar Ball in Tokyo. By the end of the year, they were bagging the “Rookie of the Year” award at Tower Records’ K-Pop Lovers! Awards 2011.
In March 2012, B1A4 released their first studio album, “The B1A4 (Ignition)”. Promotions kicked off with multiple performances of the single, “Baby I’m Sorry” on various shows such as Music Bank, Show! Music Core, and The Music Trend. They also released their first Japanese-language single, “Beautiful Target” – the song debuted at #4 on the Oricon weekly singles chart, selling 32,665 copies in its first week.
Their second Japanese-language single, “Oyasumi Good Night” also debuted at #4 on the Oricon weekly singles chart, selling 35,779 copies in its first week. Needless to say, their debut Japanese-language studio album also went on to do fairly well, debuting at #5 on the Oricon weekly albums chart. It went on to sell 20,547 copies in its first week. Both “Beautiful Target” and “Oyasumi Good Night” are remakes of their Korea singles:
[youtube id=”j_ZnxKSPJH8″ width=”600″ height=”350″]
On top of that, B1A4 are also currently in the running to bag the “Disk Album of The Year” award for “The B1A4” at “Samsung GALAXY The 27th Golden Disk Awards in Kuala Lumpur”!
Other facts about B1A4 as follows:
- The name “B1A4” stands for the members’ blood types. All members are blood type A except Baro, who has blood type B.
- The group has several nicknames such as, “countryside-dols” or “countryside idols” (because all of the members are from the countryside) and “paper-dols” (paper idols) because of the paper classification A4.
- Jin-young (leader of the group) was discovered from popular social network service, Cyworld. Prior to B1A4’s debut, he received training for composing, singing, and acting
- Baro was also discovered by a WM Entertainment rep who came across his photo posted on Cyworld.
- Sandeul competed in many singing contests in the past and it was only after his performing with Kim Yeon-woo in a talent show that he was approached by an agent.
- B1A4’s “Let’s Fly” was produced by Lee Sangho, the same creator who worked on some of B2ST’s, T-ara’s, CN Blue’s, and F.T. Island’s hit songs.
- The year they debuted, the won multiple awards such as “Hot Debut Star” (SBS Mtv Best Of the Best), “Best Newcomer Award” (26th Golden Disk Awards), “Best Newcomer Award” (21st Seoul Music Awards), “Super Rookies of 2012” (Wave K’s Super Rookies), and “Newcomer Male” (Germany’s So-Loved Awards 2011).
Here’s another fact: B1A4 is slated to make an appearance at “Samsung GALAXY The 27th Golden Disk Awards in Kuala Lumpur” (GDA).
To purchase tickets, hit up TicketPro or any of their participating outlets right now! Tickets to the event are available in three tiers, priced at RM999 (Samsung GALAXY Zone), RM688 (Rockpit), and RM199 (Hallyu Zone). We hear that tickets are going to go fast so hurry!
For more information, visit their official website.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia