“Best Absolute Perfect” aka B.A.P is a six-member hip hop South Korean idol boy group that debuted just last year, in January 2012. Members, Bang Yong Guk, Kim Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jong Up, and Zelo were formally introduced to the music industry when they released their first single, “Warrior”. Their debut EP of the same name was released in February 2012.
Prior to B.A.P’s debut, TS Entertainment teased fans with B.A.P’s leader, Yong Guk’s solo, “I Remember”. The music video featured B2ST’s Yo-seob. Him Chan’s introducing followed soon after when he took on an MC role on MTV Korea’s “The Show”. Zelo and Bang Yong Guk released “Never Give Up” under the moniker “Bang & Zelo”. B.A.P as a whole then starred in a reality show, “Ta-Dah, It’s B.A.P” which aired on SBS MTV. All six members played the roles of aliens that invade Earth.
It was said the concept of B.A.P was especially fashioned in such a way so that the group can stand out from other current K-Pop idol boy groups. So when by the time “Warrior” was released, the B.A.P boys’ fame had already spread like wildfire. During the promotions for the single, they made multiple TV appearances such as M! Countdown, Music Core, Inkigayo, and The Show. When they held their debut showcase in Seoul, over 3,000 came out to see them. And in just two days upon its release, the “Warrior” debut EP sold over 10,000 copies in South Korea alone
B.A.P then went on their Asian showcase tour which included stops in Macao, Thailand, Taiwan, and Malaysia. On 4th August, SBS MTV hosted something they called, “B.A.P Day”, whereby the channel aired reruns of “B.A.P Diary”, “Ta-Dah, It’s B.A.P”, and previously undisclosed videos that were recorded by B.A.p themselves. The only other groups to have received such a great honour were TVXQ and BIGBANG.
[youtube id=”5tLooPlf2Sw” width=”600″ height=”350″]
They are also currently in the running to bag the “New Rising K-Pop Star” award and “Single Album of The Year” award for “Warrior” at “Samsung GALAXY The 27th Golden Disk Awards in Kuala Lumpur”!
Other facts about B.A.P as follows:
- B.A.P’s leader, Yongguk, used to pursue a career in underground music. He also has an older identical twin brother, Yongnam, who did the same.
- “Maknae” of the group, Zelo, is often seen with a mask because he’s actually pretty insecure about his chin.
- Youngjae was one of the back up dancers in SECRET’s “Starlight Moonlight” music video.
- Both Yongjae and Jongup have confessed that they’re big fans of Jay Park and would like to someday meet him.
- B.A.P gets a lot of questions about their hair colour (they all have blonde hair in “Warrior”). Once, in an interview, Zelo joked that it’s their natural hair colour.
- Himchan admitted that he loves coffee. That he really loves coffee. He drinks up to about four large servings of coffee a day.
- Himchan started learning piano when he was only five years old – he gave piano up to learn violin when he was in elementary school.
Here’s another fact: B.A.P is slated to make an appearance at “Samsung GALAXY The 27th Golden Disk Awards in Kuala Lumpur” (GDA).
To purchase tickets, hit up TicketPro or any of their participating outlets right now! Tickets to the event are available in three tiers, priced at RM999 (Samsung GALAXY Zone), RM688 (Rockpit), and RM199 (Hallyu Zone). We hear that tickets are going to go fast so hurry!
For more information, visit their official website.