H-Artistry is known for being one of the most premium party events out there, with fantastic artist line-ups, over-the-top setup and production, as well as the delectable Hennessy V.S.O.P long drinks. The folks at H-Artistry The Global Art of Mixing sure know how to pull out all the stops to deliver great parties, and since events like these only happen a few times a year, it is definitely worth planning ahead to ensure that you optimally enjoy the entire experience.
With that in mind, we’ve put together some useful tips and pointers that may help pave the way for you if you’re planning a trip to H-Artistry on 25th May!
Deets are as follows:
Date: 25th May 2013 (Saturday)
Time: 7pm till 1am
Venue: SPICE (Formerly known as PISA), Georgetown, Penang
Take a shuttle up to Penang, so that when you arrive, you are refreshed and ready to party. Nobody likes the strain of long distance driving, especially before a great party! So be sure to plan ahead. Here are some great coach lines you can take to Penang and back:
- AEROLINE – AEROLINE offers comfortable, double decker coaches with facilities such as entertainment, F&B, as well as on-board plug points to charge your smartphones / cameras ahead of H-Artistry. They have coaches departing from Sunway, Bandar Utama and Kuala Lumpur, while drop off destinations in Penang are Queensbay Mall and the Sungai Nibong bus terminal. Book online at www.aeroline.com.my, or via phone at 03-6528 8800.
- NICE – NICE offers a more straightforward, no-frills transportation to Penang, with coaches departing from Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Puchong. Check out www.nice-coaches.com.my or www.ticket4u.com.my/nice to book online.
Alternatively, you can fly to Penang but be sure to book your flights as early as possible. MAS, Air Asia and Firefly offer daily flights to Penang from KLIA, LCCT and Subang Skypark respectively.
- To The H- Artistry Venue – SPICE (formerly known as PISA):
- H-Artistry strongly advocates responsible partying, and the safest way to get to the event venue in Penang is by taking a taxi.
- There will be a special taxi service with a fleet of 90 taxies set up for easy booking. Check out www.h-artistry.com.my for regular updates on this service!
- If you absolutely must drive, be sure to assign a designated driver for the night. Also, try carpooling!
- If you’re travelling in a bigger group, pool some funds together and hire a shuttle. There are many tour agencies / car rental companies that offer 10-12 seater shuttles for hire.
- For those who plan to pull out all the stops, hire a coach, get all your friends to join in, and have a pre-party in the bus on the way to H-Artistry!
2. Accomodation in Penang
If you’re planning a weekend trip to Penang for H-Artistry, we’ve compiled a list of hotels near to the SPICE for your convenience. Be sure to plan ahead!
Eastin Hotel Penang
- 1, Solok Bayan Indah, Queensbay, 11900 Bayan Lepas, Penang
- 04-612 1111
B Suite Hotel Penang
- B Tower, Bayan Point, 19 Medan Kampung Relau, 11900 Penang
- 04-646 7777
The Krystal Suites Service Apartments
- Ground Floor, Krystal Point Corporate Park, Jalan Tun Dr, Awang, 11900 Bayan Lepas, Penang
- 04-613 3333
Equatorial Hotel Penang
- 1 Jalan Bukit Jambul, 11900 Bayan Lepas, Penang
- 04-632 7000
3. What To Bring To H-Artistry
- I.C. (Identification card)/Passport – You don’t want to be waiting outside the event venue while your friends are having a good time at H-Artistry. Be sure to bring your identification documents, as there will be security personnel checking identification at the point of entry. H-Artistry is open to those above 18, and non-Muslims only.
- Fully charged Smart Phone/ Mobile Phone – You won’t want to lose your friends and not be able to contact them at any point of the night. Also, make sure your smartphones have enough juice to not only stay in contact with your friends, but also to share your experience at H-Artistry on social media!
- Compact / Point-and-shoot Camera – Do bring your compact digital camera to take pictures for memory’s sake. Only DSLR cameras will NOT be allowed into the H-Artistry premises. All compact / point-and-shoot cameras will be permitted.
- H-Artistry Passes – No pass, no entry! Nobody likes rejection, so please do not forget to bring your passes, as without the passes you will be denied access to one of the most fantastic parties to happen on Penang Island!
4. Party Responsibly Or Don’t Party At All
- Ride-On-The-Side – Partying responsibly is imperative. If you are unable to drive, ride on the side. Get a friend to pick you up, assign a designated driver, or utilize the H-Artistry taxi services set up for your convenience.
- H2GO – Stay hydrated throughout the party! Thanks to H-Artistry, bottles of mineral water will be provided FOC during AND after the event.
- Five After Twelve – Pacing your drinks is always good because you can enjoy yourself till the end of the night, and not wake up the next morning completely oblivious about what went down the night before! The free flow of Hennessy V.S.O.P long drinks will end at 12 midnight. After which, drinks can be obtained in exchange for drink coupons till the end of the night. Everybody will be given 5 drink coupons upon entry that can be used at the bar after midnight.
- Chills-the-Mills – Don’t leave in a hurry, as there will be a lounge area at H-Artistry for you to sit back and compose yourself after the epic party. Security and medical personnel will be on standby if you need any assistance. Complementary mineral water bottles will also be given out at the exits.
5. Some No-Brainer Preparations
- Make sure you have had a good meal before the event, as you will be in for more than four hours of partying at H-Artistry! Doors open at 7pm and party will go on till late.
- Make sure your smartphone is fully charged before you make your way to H-Artistry! You wouldn’t want to be that guy/girl who has to party alone because you can’t reach your friends. Bring a portable charger if you must, we promise the bouncers won’t stop you.
- Abide by the dress code: Club Chic! Put on your nicest outfit and dress to impress. H-Artistry is not only a super clubbing experience but also a place where you want to look your best.
- Always make sure you have your valuables with you before you head out to H-Artistry, and keep them close to you throughout the party.
- Make sure you have enough cash on you, in case you need to book a taxi home, or in case of emergencies!
6. Do’s & Don’ts
- Any form of alcohol will not be allowed to be brought into the venue. Weapons, sharp / blunt objects, laser lights, any form of chemical and drug substances are strictly prohibited. There will be security personnel conducting screenings before entry.
- Do not bring your tablets, as it will be a hassle partying and with your tablet. Leave all your belongings at home or in your hotel room, as the organizers will not be able to guarantee the safety of your belongings.
- Do keep your valuables are with you at all times.
- Don’t wear slippers and/or shorts; abide by the dress code – Club Chic.
- Do keep an eye out for your friends at all times.
- Don’t drink excessively. Do help yourselves to the complementary mineral water bottles at the event.
- Don’t enjoy the party off the screen of your smartphone. Put your phones back in your pockets after snapping a few photos and enjoy the experience!
- Do stay in control and party responsibly, for the sake of your safety and the safety of people around you.
And last but not least, enjoy the party!
Meanwhile, we’ve got FOUR pairs of H-Artistry passes to giveaway to four of our lucky readers/followers. Want ‘em? Join the contest here!
For more information, visit their website.