Who says ballet can’t be funny?
Les Ballets Eloelle is a professional, all-male comedy ballet company, one of only a handful in the world. Founded and directed by Victor Trevino, former director and founder of Les Ballets Grandiva and featured dancer of Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo, Ballet Eloelle features over 15 active ballets in the repertoire.
This ultimate send-up of both classical and contemporary ballet is a great way to enjoy dance for the whole family. Laugh out loud as ballerinas entertain and astound you with their combination of brilliant dancing technique, tongue-in-cheek, and blatant humour with intentional foibles, dancing mishaps and, of course, hissy fits!
[youtube id=”yIQCE9t1mWc” width=”600″ height=”350″]
This June, “Men In Tutus” will kick off their 2013 Asian Tour with a one-night only premier at KL Live, followed by performances at PJ Live Arts as the featured finale of their annual Laugh Fest. The ensemble then heads to Penang for the George Town Festival, before returning to PJ Live Arts for the completion of their tour.
Come and enjoy men in pink tights and, of course, in tutus. Deets are as follows:
- 2nd June (Sunday) – KL Live
- 4th – 9th June (Tuesday till Sunday) – PJ Live Arts (part of Laugh Fest)
- 11th – 16th June (Tuesday till Sunday) – Performing Arts Centre of Penang (part of Georgetown Festival)
- 18th – 23rd June (Tueday till Sunday) – PJ Live Arts
- Ticketing : 017 – 2289 849 or via Tix My.
* “Men in Tutus” will play at various venues within Peninsular Malaysia from 2nd – 23rd June 2013. Show times vary at different venues.
For more information, visit this website.