A free mini-festival consisting of positive, family-friendly performances. The word “layan” has been specifically chosen to encourage the audience to be open to new forms of art that they may not have been previously exposed to. The festival will promote a positive ambiance, to inspire a sense of community between arts practitioners as well as the audience members.
Layan Fest 2013 will be highlighting Malaysian acts and performers in order to showcase Malaysian talent across the genres. It’s stellar line-up includes:
- An Honest Mistake
- Box of Delights
- Darren Ashley
- Error 6ix
- My So Called Diary (That You Are Not Supposed to Read)
- Nick Davis
- Phoon Chi Ho
- RAWR!!! Acoustic Sessions (Sufiz, Jumero, So Im Jenn ,Christian Palencia)
- Ryota Katayama
- Shamaine Othman
- Tempered Mental
- The Metaphor
The festival will be divided into four different locations:
- Layan Music – Taking place in Pentas 2, where you will be taken on a visual and sound journey through various genres of music including ambient post-rock, electronica, folk, alternative rock, reggae and dance.
- Layanan – An indoor stage, setup in klpac’s main foyer showcasing various forms of performing arts including children’s theatre, staged readings, stand-up comedy and dance.
- Layan at the Lake – Taking place beside the klpac lake, allowing you to take in the sounds of nature, ‘Layan at the Lake’ embraces its theme of ‘all are welcome’, making it a great place for those beginning their journey into the arts. Whether you have a song you’ve always wanted to perform, a stand-up set, a sketch with your friends, as long as it is not vulgar or offensive, we welcome you with open arms.
- Layan Perut – Where the needs of your grumbling stomach are met, featuring a variety of food and drink, from hearty meals to snacks and tidbits. Munchies for the masses.
Wanna go? Deets are as follows:
Date: 7th April 2013 (Sunday)
Time: 11:30am till 8:30pm
For more information, visit their Facebook event page.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia