Born 20 years ago in a cafe (“The Tropicana”) in Sydney, Australia, Tropfest is now the world’s largest short film festival. It is supported by some of the biggest names in the international film community and has received thousands of submissions for its film festivals in Australia, Tropfest Arabia in Abu Dhabi , Tropfest USA (in Las Vegas and New York).
This year, Tropfest premieres in New Zealand and South East Asia. And now the time has come! Online submissions for Tropfest South East Asia opens on 6th May 2013
[youtube id=”QpkjGqYJxos” width=”600″ height=”350″]
The submission duration for both the main category and the teen category begins on 6th May 2013 via their website and closes 28th October 2013. All residents and citizens of South East Asia are eligible for the competition. All films entered must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The film must be seven minutes or under, including titles and credits.
- The film must be made specifically for Tropfest SEA 2014.
- The film must not have screened publicly (including on the Internet).
- The film can be produced in any language but must be subtitled in English.
- The film must include the Tropfest Signature Item (TSI) which in 2014 is “RICE”.
- The TSI can be interpreted or incorporated in any way.
Other Tropfest SEA Activities in April, May & June:
- Tropfest screenings will be organised in Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Phnom Penh and Jakarta in April and May. Venue, dates and details will be announced soon.
- “Roughcut”, Tropfest’s filmmaker symposium, has been confirmed for 28 June as part of the annual arts, culture and heritage celebrations, George Town Festival 2013. The event is a day-long series of curated conversations exploring creativity and collaboration and will feature key figures from within the film industry. Venue, date and programme line-up will be announced soon.
For more updates, visit their official website.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia