Last Friday, Samsung Electronics announced the fourth generation GALAXY S, the GALAXY S4. We’ve previously posted up what were supposedly the leaked pictures of the device as well as some rumoured specifications. Let’s see if all of that was in fact true.
Developed to redefine the way we live, the sleek and innovative smartphone offers an effortless user experience. The Samsung GALAXY S4 has a larger screen size and battery all housed in a light (130g) and slim (7.99mm) shape.
At time of launch, two colour options will be available – Black Mist and White Frost; with more colour options to come later this year.
Now let’s get to the specifications. The Samsung GALAXY S4 has:
- The world’s first Full HD Super AMOLED display.
- A 5-inch large screen with 441ppi for stunning viewing quality.
- Utilization of Corning’s new Gorilla® Glass 3*.
- A 13 megapixel rear camera and a 2 megapixel front camera, plus a “Dual Camera” function that allows simultaneous use of both cameras.
- Support for HSPA+42 Mbps and 4G LTE. The LTE version supports up to six different band sets.
- A 1.9 GHz Quad-Core Processor/1.6 GHz Octa-Core Processor (differed by markets).
- The form and function of the Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system.
- 16/32/64 GB user memory plus a microSD slot (up to 64GB) and 2GB RAM.
Other attractive functions of the new Samsung GALAXY S4 are such as the “Samsung Smart Pause”, which pauses activity when you look away from the screen. It’s especially useful when you’re watching a video.
The “Air View”, which allows users to hover with their fingers to preview the content of an e-mail, S Planner, image gallery, or video without having to open it. It also allows users to change the music track, scroll up and down a web page, or accept a call with a wave of their hands.
International travel becomes a joy with “S Translator”, which provides instant translation using text or voice translation on applications. Instant translation is possible both from speech to text and text to speech!
Note: There has been no confirmation yet on when the new Samsung GALAXY S4 will be launched in Malaysia but it won’t be long now. Perhaps in the next two or three months.
For more information, visit their website.