The SBS Gayo Daejun is a mega celebration of K-Pop music that’s held at the end of every year. And every year, the festival will feature performances by K-Pop’s trendsetters, top idol groups, and solo artistes across all genres from the Korean music industry. What makes this festival different from others and ever so highly anticipated is the fact that K-Pop fans are usually treated to unique collaborative performances between artistes as well as special dance and song battles.
For the upcoming 2012 SBS Gayo Daejun, it was announced that IU, Suzy (from girl group “miss A”), and actor Jung Kyeo Woon will play hosts while some of South Korea’s best idol groups will be forming team with each other to compete at the year-end festival.
Titled the “Color of K-Pop” project, 20 idols were picked to be divided into four groups by fans votes. They are:
- Kiwang and Yoseob (B2ST)
- Jinwoon and Jokwon (2AM)
- Woohyun and Hoya (INFINITE)
- Lee Joon and G.O (MBLAQ)
- Niel and L.Joe (Teen Top)
- Nicole and Jiyoung (KARA)
- Hyorin and Bora (SISTAR)
- Hyosung and Sunhwa (Secret)
- HyunA and Gayoon (4Minute)
- Nana and Lizzy (After School)
The groups were divided into “Dynamic Black” (with Shinsadong Tiger), “Dramatic Blue” (with Sweet Tune), “Dazzling Red” (with Brave Brothers), and “Mystic White” (with Kim Do Hoon).
As a result of the fan voting, the respective idols are now in the following groups:
- Dynamic Black: Jinwoon (2AM), Gikwang (B2ST), Hoya (Infinite), Lee Joon (MBLAQ), L.Joe (Teen Top)
- Dramatic Blue: Jokwon (2AM), Yoseob (B2ST), Woohyun (Infinite), G.O (MBLAQ), Niel (Teen Top)
- Dazzling Red: Hyuna (4minute), Nana (After School), Nicole (KARA), Hyosung (Secret), Hyorin (SISTAR)
- Mystic White: Gayoon (4minute), Lizzy (After School), Jiyoung (KARA), Sunhwa (Secret), Bora (SISTAR)
In addition to the above list of collaborative groups, other idol groups are also set to perform their own unique Christmas stages. The complete list of attendees has yet to be released.
The 2012 SBS Gayo Daejun premieres first and exclusively on 12th January 2013 (Saturday) at 9am (Part 1) and 11:15pm (Part 2) on ONE HD (Astro B.yond Ch393). It will then re-run on 10th February 2013 (Sunday) at 12:45pm.
[youtube id=”A0W0HwFgecg” width=”600″ height=”350″]
So clear your schedule(s)! Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
For more information, visit their official website.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia