Formed in 2010 by Starship Entertainment, SISTAR is a South Korean girl group consisting of members Hyolyn (often written Hyorin), Bora, Soyou, and Dasom. They were first introduced to the Korean music industry when they released their debut single, “Push Push”. Although it didn’t make as big of an impact as they would’ve liked, the song still received some success and entered various charts.
In August 2010, SISTAR’s second single, “Shady Girl” was released. It instantly became the start of the girl group’s “turning point” because the single did way better and charted much higher on music charts as compared to their debut single. The momentum didn’t stop when they released, “How Dare You” in November. It swept the music charts when it claimed the #1 spots on MelOn, Mnet, Soribada, Bugs, Monkey3, and even Daum Music. That same year, SISTER bagged a “Newcomer Award” at the Golden Disk Awards.
Earlier in April this year, SISTAR released a mini album, “Alone”, which contains six songs. The title track of the same name debuted at #1 on the Gaon Singles Chart whilst simultaneously rising to the top spots on the Naver Music, MelOn, Mnet, Soribada, Bugs, Olleh Music, and Dosirak online music charts. By the end of August (only three months after its release), “Alone” was downloaded over two million times. 2,557,984 times, to be exact.
“Alone” managed to stay at #1 on Gaon for two weeks in the row and it managed to set the record of being the longest lasting album at the top of the Billboard “K-Pop Hot 100” chart. It was a comeback that was well deserved for SISTAR:
[youtube id=”E0ZHXVp_wUE” width=”600″ height=”350″]
So much can be said about the success of “Alone”. But the one thing that is testament to that success is that SISTAR is currently in the running to bag the “Song Of The Year” award for “Alone” at “Samsung GALAXY The 27th Golden Disk Awards in Kuala Lumpur”!
Other facts about SISTAR as follows:
- SISTAR’s official debut wasn’t via music as expected but it was when they were featured on Céci magazine’s photo shoot in an England for the clothing company, FUBU.
- SISTAR has a subgroup named, “SISTAR19”. At that time, it was formed because two of SISTAR’s members were 19 years old.
- The members of SISTAR are open about being put on a strict diet to ensure that they’re in their ideal weights/shapes.
- Soyou almost debuted as a member of 4Minute, in the place of 4Minute’s Sohyun. She was cut only days before their debut because she was lacking.
- Hyorin was previously from JYP Entertainment. But getting into JYP Entertainment wasn’t easy for her – she was only accepted on the second try.
- Bora once said that her childhood dream as to be a ballerina. But that dream didn’t fall through because her family had no money.
- Dasom, the “maknae” of SISTAR, confessed that while she was preparing for her debut, there were times that she wanted to run away due to the pressure and stress i.e. dancing 10 hours a day.
Here’s another fact: SISTAR is slated to make an appearance at “Samsung GALAXY The 27th Golden Disk Awards in Kuala Lumpur” (GDA), as confirmed by the GDA committee whereas Dasom will be MC for the gala event, as confirmed by the GDA committee.
To purchase tickets, hit up TicketPro or any of their participating outlets right now! Tickets are priced at RM999 (Samsung GALAXY Zone) and RM688 (Rockpit). We hear that tickets are going to go fast so hurry!
For more information, visit their official website.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia