Four fresh faced young men started off performing on the streets, in train stations, and in live clubs of Japan. When chanced upon, they seemed like random nobodies or buskers but in actual fact, FNC (their talent company), sent them there as part of their training. It was a brand new formula for trainees.
The four boys, Jung Yong-hwa, Lee Jong-hyun, Lee Jung Shin, and Kang Min-hyuk soon found that their training paid off when it was time to debut. Armed with experience and empowerment, the band was introduced to the world as CN Blue aka CNBLUE. Their first album, “Now or Never” was released in Japan in 2009. A year later, CN Blue released their first mini-album, “Bluetory” in Korea – it stayed on top of the Gaon chart for two whole weeks.
The group also made their first music show chart win on Music Bank and won their first Inkigayo mutizen in 2010. Thus, earning them the record for achieving #1 on South Korea’s television music chart program in the shortest time since debut. And the rest, as they say, is history.
On 26th March 2012, after winning a grand total of five Golden Disk Awards since their debut, CN Blue released their third Korean mini album, “Ear Fun”. Just a few weeks after they performed at Los Angeles’ Nokia Theater for the first time! “Ear Fun” peaked at #1 on online and offline chart physical album sales the week it was released. One of the notable singles off the album is, “Still in Love”:
[youtube id=”SuOJ59ra63g” width=”600″ height=”350″]
On top of that, CN Blue is also currently in the running to bag the “Disk Album of The Year” award for “Ear Fun” at “Samsung GALAXY The 27th Golden Disk Awards in Kuala Lumpur”!
Other facts about CN Blue as follows:
- During their trainee days, they were literally left in Japan with nothing – no handphones, no cash, and nobody else except for each other.
- Lead singer Jong-hyun once said that if he wasn’t in CN Blue, he’d be an athlete. He has black belts for both taekwondo and judo.
- CN Blue is one of the first Korean idol groups to earn platinum statuses with two different albums in Taiwan at the same time.
- All four members of CN Blue studied Japanese diligently.
- CN Blue once said that they get their songwriting inspiration from watching movies and dramas – something they like to do in their free time.
- Drummer Min-hyuk says that he’s a big fan of Adam Young’s electronica musical project, “Owl City”.
- When it comes to songwriting and composing, Yong-hwa usually works after midnight, when their day packed with schedules is over.
Here’s another fact: CN Blue is slated to make an appearance at “Samsung GALAXY The 27th Golden Disk Awards in Kuala Lumpur” (GDA) whereas Jung Yong-Hwa will be MC for the gala event, as confirmed by the GDA committee
To purchase tickets, hit up TicketPro or any of their participating outlets right now! Tickets are priced at RM999 (Samsung GALAXY Zone) and RM688 (Rockpit). We hear that tickets are going to go fast so hurry!
For more information, visit their official website.