After much speculation, reports revealed that the former beauty queen who punched a policeman at Jalan Universiti (along the Federal Highway) is Kohinoor Damodaran Kaittiani (also known as Kohinoor Kaur Kaittiani).
Besides using physical force to intimidate a civil servant, the 29-year-old was also using the drug tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). According to NST, she reported not guilty to both charges and has been bailed.
For those who aren’t too familiar with Kohinoor, here are some fun facts about her:
1. She was 22 years old when she competed on Miss Universe Malaysia 2015 (the 51st edition) where Vanessa Tevi Kumares was crowned the winner that year.
2. She grew up in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
3. She studied Law at HELP University College and Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) at University of the West of England, Bristol.
4. Although Kohinoor didn’t make it into the top 10 in Miss Universe Malaysia 2015, she won Miss Congeniality that year.
5. In 2015, Kohinoor was also Miss Cosmopolitan Malaysia and Miss Cosmopolitan World.
6. Prior to that, she was a top 25 finalist in Miss World Malaysia, back in 2011.
7. She’s taken a selfie with Ed Sheeran. Jealous much.
Bonus: The former beauty queen also owns a modernised Indian restaurant, Jhann, which is located in Plaza Damansara, Kuala Lumpur.
If found guilty under Section 15(1) (a) of the Dangerous Drugs Act 1952, Kohinoor can be fined up to a maximum of 5 years jail and RM20,000 fine on conviction.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news.