Get ready to go aww during Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s royal wedding, happening this weekend on 19th May.
It was previously announced that Prince William will serve as best man, but Meghan will not have a maid of honour because “she didn’t want to choose one over another”. Yesterday (Wednesday, 16th May) Kensington Palace revealed all 10 bridesmaids and page boys that will be involved in the nuptials.
Leading the pack of bridal attendants, as expected, are Prince William and Duchess Kate’s 2 eldest children. The royal siblings – Prince George, 4, and Princess Charlotte, 3 – will walk down the aisle before the former “Suits” actress. They will be reprising their roles from aunt Pippa Middleton’s wedding last May. Since their younger brother, Prince Louis, is only 3 weeks old, he won’t be in attendance.
It is not clear who will walk Meghan down the aisle on Saturday, since her dad Thomas Markle had reportedly bailed on the couple. The 73-year-old cited his heart surgery as one of the main reasons he will be skipping the historic day. This comes after he was caught staging photos with a paparazzi agency ahead of the wedding.
The list of bridesmaids and page boys are as follows:
- Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte of Cambridge (Aged 3)
- Miss Florence van Cutsem (Aged 3 – goddaughter of Prince Harry, daughter of Mrs. Alice van Cutsem and Major Nicholas van Cutsem)
- Miss Remi Litt (Aged 6 – goddaughter of Ms. Markle, daughter of Mrs. Benita Litt and Mr. Darren Litt)
- Miss Rylan Litt (Aged 7 – goddaughter of Ms. Markle, daughter of Mrs. Benita Litt and Mr. Darren Litt)
- Miss Ivy Mulroney (Aged 4 – daughter of Mrs. Jessica Mulroney and Mr. Benedict Mulroney)
- Miss Zalie Warren (Aged 2 – goddaughter of Prince Harry, daughter of Mrs. Zoe Warren and Mr. Jake Warren)
- His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge (Aged 4)
- Master Jasper Dyer (Aged 6 – godson of Prince Harry, son of Mrs. Amanda Dyer and Mr. Mark Dyer M.V.O.)
- Master Brian Mulroney (Aged 7 – son of Mrs. Jessica Mulroney and Mr. Benedict Mulroney)
- Master John Mulroney (Aged 7 – son of Mrs. Jessica Mulroney and Mr. Benedict Mulroney)
For those with subscriptions to Astro, you may catch the 5-hour coverage on “E! Live From The Royal Wedding” this Saturday (19th May) from 5pm onwards.