Oh Christmas, we’ve waited all year for you!
Only 3 weeks left to the most wonderful time of the year and with a dizzying number of weird gadgets, deluxe edition LPs, as well as fancy headphones in the market, it’s undeniable that nailing down a killer gift for that music fan in your life can be quite a challenging task. We totally understand how you feel so in the spirit of Christmas, we’ve decided to do the heavy lifting for you by narrowing down the 10 best items you’ll want to surprise a loved one with − or hey, you know, add to your own wish list ;)
1. Biographies – A biography makes the perfect gift for any music lover who also enjoys reading. Find out who your loved one’s idol is and hit up your nearest bookstore to make your purchase.
2. A Vinyl Record – Okay, so we’re not denying the fact that we live in an MP3-driven culture but despite that, record players and vinyls are still surviving and are bound to make a return to the mainstream. Some may consider the technology old-fashioned but record players are quite honestly one of the best ways to listen to music for it highlights the rawness of the sounds being emitted. Personally, we would love this for a Christmas gift. *wink!*
3. Headphones – One thing every music lover needs is a good pair of headphones. The perfect pair of headphones can change the way one listens to and enjoys music. Now if you can’t decide on which one to get, head on over to our buddies at Lowyat.net for reviews.
4. Event Tickets – Okay seriously, event tickets might be an obvious option but it is probably one of the best gifts you can get a music lover. Buying tickets to every show and festival may burn a hole in your music lover’s wallet so help him/her out by gifting that someone with a pair of tickets. Plus, event tickets would make the most sense considering the fact that Michael Bublé, Avenged Sevenfold, Slash, Ed Sheeran, The Script. and Bastille are making their way to Malaysia while Future Music Festival Asia is set to take place in Singapore next year. So take your pick.
5. Album Collections – From deluxe reissues to deluxe live album compilations to box sets, album collections are also something to consider getting the music lover in your life. Sure, one can stream albums online nowadays, but there really is nothing like receiving an album collection as a gift.
6. Limited Edition Zippo Lighters – Smoker or not, a limited edition Zippo lighter with artwork of a band or artiste printed on it makes for a pretty cool gift. One – it’s music related and two – it’s limited edition so not a lot of people will have it.
7. Gag Gifts – Gag gifts make prefect presents because joking around with loved ones never fails to lead to a good laugh and bonding session. Try to find a gift that will be sure to make the music fan you had in mind laugh endlessly because of how relatable or (in)appropriate the gift actually is.
8. Official Merchandise – Okay so every music fan undeniably has a favourite artiste, festival, or record label so purchasing merchandise for them does not only give them a way to support their favourite artistes or festivals, but it will also up their current wardrobe and style.
9. Speakers – It goes without saying that music plays a big role in a music lover’s life, so why not provide your music lover with an amplified way to listen to it? Speakers make a good alternative to headphones because it allows your music lover to share their favourite tracks and artistes with everyone during house parties or social gatherings. Yes, we know there are so many to choose from and it’s rather difficult to pick sometimes but with a little research, you’ll find the right one.
10. Vinyl Rack – Both a storage solution and a neat way to display one’s favourite record, these frames are perfect gifts because it provides easy access and allows your music lover to show off their impeccable taste while keeping things neat and tidy.
So, there you have it – our top 10 gifts to get the music lover in your life. Let us know if you have any other ideas or suggestions by sounding off in the comments section. Happy shopping everyone!